• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Microstepping stepper driver

posted by chuank on 01/06/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This looks to be the original EasyDriver V4.4 Stepper. That's probably the reason why the price is steeper.

I like the fact that it comes without header pins unsoldered – that way I can adapt it to my project.

Based on the Allegro A3967 controller. Microstepping, sleep mode, all-in-one package for bipolar motors.

Cons:

This is more of the design of the EasyDriver board itself, but the pinouts for the stepper motors are not spaced for screw terminals, but plain 0.1" headers. Something to bear in mind when hooking up your steppers.

Would have been good if it came supplied with a suitably-sized heatsink, I used SKU: 35816 and had to cut it down to size with a rotary tool.

OtherThoughts:

You will need to heatsink this guy to get any useful output on your steppers.

Works very well with Arduino and other microcontrollers. This is a cheaper version to the newer BigEasy driver.

Specifications of this board can be found here:
    http://www.schmalzhaus.com/EasyDriver/index.html

Bottomline:

If you're tired of the limitations of the L298N or ULN2003-based steppers, try these out. Way better control and microstepping functionality awaits.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections