Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent torch for little money

posted by SirDeath on 11/15/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Feels heavy, solid and well constructed. I'm using it with SKU # 05639 (CR123A batteries) and it is INCREDIBLY bright. Core beam is bright but there is enough dispersion around the edges to give you a nice spot at 3 feet. Brightness is not a problem. The two lower brightness settings could be useful in some situations, but I haven't had need for them. It has a heavy feel (not weight heavy but solidly built kind of heavy) and is cleanly machined (unlike some lights I've dealt with before) so it's easy to put back together and take apart to refresh the batteries.

Cons:

The "SOS" mode is INSANELY slow, almost to the point of being useless. I don't think that the "SOS" mode is all that useful anyway so this is not a major con.

OtherThoughts:

For signaling the SOS is not what's you'd use, you'd use the "flash" mode. I don't need any other modes besides medium and low, so they are just gravy to me and not deal makers or deal breakers.

Bottomline:

Get this torch and couple of the inexpensive SKU# 05639 to power it (or go upscale with some rechargeables if you are a heavy user) and enjoy it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections