DX » Community » Reviews » Genuine Kingston 8GB SDHC MicroSD/TF Memory Card (Class 4)
  • 5 star 21 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 7% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Decent microSD card

posted by Darkblade48 on 07/01/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Excellent price for what the product is. It appears to be name brand, as the microSD card has Japan printed on it (then again...). The microSD adapter is another story, however.

Cons:

As mentioned above, the microSD adapter (to normal SD) seems to be quite flimsy. The build quality seems to be quite poor. In addition, there is a lot of resistance when I try to push in my microSD card.

With a Sandisk microSD to SD adapter, I have no trouble pushing in the microSD card, but with this Kingston adapter, I am afraid I am going to break my microSD card every time I push in/take out the microSD card.

As mentioned by rgsilveira, the microSD card does seem to be quite slow.

OtherThoughts:

Appears to be authentic, but you can never be sure with the market these days. The SD adapter does have a Chinese sticker on it, leading me to believe that it may not be as high quality as advertised.

Bottomline:

If you only need a microSD card and don't rely on the SD card adapter, then this is the product for you.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections