Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Still well worth the price!

posted by Malefucius on 12/11/2012
    6 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's cheap considering how mp3s players like the ipod shuffle easily cost ten times the price.

It's light and plays most song formats too. Clip is convenient for users to hang on their clothes on-the-go (i.e. jogging).

Cons:

Short battery life; lasts for around 3 hours but can run out in less. Steep learning curve; had to use trial and error before figuring out how to properly charge device (almost wanted to send it back because I thought it was defective). External TF card needed, no internal memory. If using player as flash drive with TF card, data transfer rates are disappointingly slow. All songs start late, missing the downbeat of every track. No screen, must memorize order and songs. Buttons are sometimes unresponsive. Still slightly expensive after seeing a similar device selling cheaper on ebay. Sound quality could be better.

OtherThoughts:

I've owned three dedicated mp3 players in my life so far. I bought an Apple ipod Classic 160GB in 2007 and it finally spoiled beyond repair in 2010. I bought the Kube player next and the jack spoiled within 6 months. After learning about planned obsolescence policies implemented in many tech companies, I've realized that these gadgets will never last and one must expect them to break eventually. Thus I've decided to acquire my gadgets as cheaply as possible and fully expect all of them to spoil in the future.

Bottomline:

For all it's faults, this player can still be had for a very reasonable price though one must take into account the addition expenses incurred when buying a TF card to put songs into. I bought this because it was the cheapest player of its kind on DX and if not for other online sites selling it for a cheaper price I would probably come back and buy this again when my current one spoils in a couple of months?

• angle
    • front
    • back of device

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections