DX » Community » Reviews » FluCard SD Memory Card w/ Wi-Fi for Camera - White (4GB)
  • 5 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best Wi-fi SD card

posted by debubudeh on 12/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Don't have to open the camera to transfer pictures. Can change the server to upload to, unlike the eye-fi. I set up my own ftp server on my network and it works wonderfully with this card. I have this in a waterproof camera and now I only have to open the camera to change the battery.

Cons:

Only class 6 for writing to the card and wireless transfers from the card are much slower than using a card reader. Seems to drain battery faster than a regular sd card. Low capacity (which is only a problem if you don't upload pictures soon after taking them). Have to manually erase pictures from card after uploading.

OtherThoughts:

From what I can tell, it's a competing product to the eye-fi which I have not used, but I'm pretty sure you have to upload your pictures to the eye-fi server then download them to your computer which is ridiculous and a waste of time and bandwidth. I would like a setting to automatically delete pictures after uploading them. Would be nice if I could get a Nikon EN-EL12 battery that charges by induction so I would never have to open my camera

Bottomline:

Very convenient if you don't like opening your camera and pulling out the sd card

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections