• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• WEIDE WH903 Stainless Steel Analog + Digital Quartz LED Wrist Watch for Men

posted by hirou on 12/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The best thing about this watch is the easy to read secondary digital time display. If you press any of the four buttons on the sides of the watch the red/orange light emitting diodes display either the primary time or a secondary time. I have mine set up for UTC or Zulu time but you could set it up somewhere else if you are a frequent traveler. The same display can be used to take lap times, work as a stop watch, show the day and the date. The bezel rotates and has markings on it so that you can set it against either the minute hand or hour hand like a Rolex. The band has a locking mechanism exactly like the Citizen Ecodrive models. The pins on the watch band links are huge and make adjusting the band for a smaller wrist easy. The fit and finish of the watch is perfect. The watch came packed in a box and on a red pillow. Every inch of metal was wrapped in plastic for protection. Its impossible to see where the numbers display when the digital display is off.

Cons:

I really could not see any issues with this watch. The entire case is stainless steel so its a little heavy but still lighter than most huge watches that pilots wear. I gave up trying to understand the instructions that were packed with the watch but eventually I figured out how to set the thing and how to run the stopwatch. The analog part is obvious. There is a website listed on a tag but I did not bother to go there.

OtherThoughts:

The movement is said to be from Japan but that's OK. I have been measuring its timekeeping against our National Time Base and found that it may or may not be one second off after a week. Its that good.

Bottomline:

I once paid more that this to have a watch battery changed.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections