DX » Community » Reviews » S6500 Android 4.0 GSM Cellphone w/ 3.5" Capacitive Screen, Quad-Band, Wi-Fi, TV and Dual-SIM - Black
  • 5 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good phone for the price

posted by Guyfromhe on 12/19/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Great price
    Small size
    Runs Droid 4.0.2 ICS
    Capacitive screen is very responsive and pretty precise graphics are pretty sharp for this low res display.
    Dual SIM support
    Quick processor doesn't lag for the most part during normal use and app switching.
    Seems to be able to handle simple gaming pretty easily.
    Loud handset and speaker phone.
    FM radio works well even with antenna not extended.
    Hardware volume buttons, power button and home button. Capacitive menu and back buttons.
    Media and video player works well and sound from speaker is pretty good.

Cons:

Camera is pretty bad (to be expected from a 2mp cell phone camera)
    LED Flash is also super weak.
    Only 256 mb of internal storage (Supports micro SD card for expansion)
    128 mb of ram though this does not seem to impact operations very much.
    No GPS
    Wifi radio / antenna is a little weak.
    Running 4.0.2 ICS and probably won't be updated.
    Live Wallpapers aren't supported, swype didn't work for me and I didn't see the voice search/input option.
    Analog TV tuner won't work in North America where signal is digital but this isn't the phones fault.
    Browser was a little slow/choppy scrolling around and zooming pages but not nu-usably so.

OtherThoughts:

The back cover is a little hard to get off. Use a credit card or something to pry the top open and it snaps off.

The front is probably plastic of some sort, it doesn't feel like glass but I could be wrong. The back is a soft textured plastic that feels a little cheap but it comes with a hard shell snap on clear case that covers that up.

Comes with 2 batteries and a headset which is a nice touch.

Bottomline:

This phone definately isn't cutting edge technology but it seems good enough for the every-day user to be comfortable on. If you need a phone off contract or need something better or fancier than what you have now and don't want to dish out the big bucks I would highly recommend this phone. You can't go wrong for $75.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections