Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Functional, but could use improvements

posted by rjbeverley on 01/02/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Cheap little handset, the dual-SIMs are great for travelling. Screen responds well and fairly accurate. Battery life is OK with brightness turned down. Accessories are beyond expectations, spare battery, protective cover, screen protector, headset, charger and usb cable.

Cons:

The internal storage memory is far too little to hold more than 3-4 apps. Sideloading helps offset this slightly, but still becomes an issue very quickly.

SIM slots occasionally 'forget' card is inserted. A reboot fixes it, so we know the card hasn't shifted.

OtherThoughts:

TV works so-so, and is useless in the states (now digital). Wifi tends to bounce around in signal strength, but still usable.

Bottomline:

I wanted some cheap handsets for my kids, so as to not worry about when the lost/dropped them and these fit the bill pretty well. Wish they had GPS, but you get what you pay for. They have to come to me to sideload apps, since the application memory is too small to run more than a couple.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections