DX » Community » Reviews » 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Pocket Folding Lock Pick Set for Civil Lock - Silver
  • 5 star 5 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not Great but Not Bad

posted by nmca2010 on 07/24/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-The locking screw can't be removed ...... so you won't lose it.
    -Good selection of picks.
    -Decent quality materials.

Cons:

-The locking screw can't be removed ...... so you can't put tape on it to make it tighter, it has to be constantly tightened when using it.
    -When a pick is locked in place the other picks fall freely out of the handle.
    -The tension tool went from being extreamly difficult to remove, to being impossible to get to stay in palce.
    -The picks are not tight together so when picking there is side to side movement of the pick.

OtherThoughts:

I had the original southord jackkife which i lost and bought this a replacemnt, the build wuality is nowhere near as good as the original but as a tool its every bit as useful, in fact i prefer the selection of picks on this one.
    This would be a bad choice for a beginner, the picks are too loose to give good feedback.

Bottomline:

If you already know how to pick locks and want a set for you pocket this will be a handy tool but if you're a beginner this is a bad choice, get a set of normal picks to learn with.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections