• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great for Emergencies

posted by stvreese on 06/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This is a well made and easy to use air wedge. The outside is more of a textile consistency unlike some of the smooth plastic air wedges you see. Doesn't seem like it'll tear very easily. The pump part comes off for easy storage. Quick air release valve on the side for when you're all done.

Cons:

It might be a little thick for some applications. Haven't tried it on a wooden door frame but seems like it would work to unjam your door given you have enough space.

OtherThoughts:

This is a great tool to keep with you in case of emergencies. It's really light and fairly compact so if you stuck it in a backpack or suitcase I doubt you'd even notice it half the time. I've tried using this on a couple of my friends cars and it works like a charm. Separates the door just enough to slip in a piece of wire and unlock the door. Wire does not come with tool.

Bottomline:

If you're forgetful and leave your keys in the car a lot, save yourself the locksmith bills since this is all they're going to use anyway. Also a useful tool to keep in your glove box or bag in case someone you know locks themselves out. Way cheaper than the $150 a locksmith would charge for the same service.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections