• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Brilliant cheap tablet device

posted by vatjjar on 01/06/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Cheap, powerful device. Runs android and apps very fast, and is responsive.

Cons:

Little bit of "plastic" feeling, but not too much. Touchscreen accuracy could be better.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this device as an android development platform, as well as a device which I can use for reading ebooks. Both requirements were fulfilled. The device is powerful, and Mali MP-400 GPU inside gives an opportunity to write higher end OpenGL ES 2 code. Android 4.1.1 is new enough to have all the latest android bells and whistles in place. 7" sized display is ideal for me when reading eBooks. The device is not too heavy and the display resolution is enough for book reading. Even though I complain the accuracy of the capacitive touchscreen, at this price level it is a minor thing. When I need another device, I will definitively look for another of the same brand. There are devices coming using a successor chip (rk31 and rk32) which will quite likely be very interesting ones to the same family.

Bottomline:

When looking for an affordable tablet device, take this device as a very strong candidate!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections