Customer’s impression:
Bom estado de conservação
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• WF 501b Drop in with good spot and much light.

posted by lasermanathome on 02/01/2013
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

For the first time in the many years I buy drop ins for the 501b these 3 are IN FOCUS and did not need refocussing.
    The spill spot and low mid high are better balanced than the 3 mode drop in with about the same price.
    This ome is the better one and the 3 pieces are similar in performance and color.
    That is a big plus, optimized and almost no difference between this 3 I bought.

Cons:

It is not a real con but the 800++ Lumens are slill exaggerated.
    Why not a real con,: when the higher output is produced, the flashlight will become much to hot in a small time and burn your hand .
    The heatproduction these drop in produce are about the max in a safetyrange, still iI advise to use the mid mode and spare the high mode when needed in situation of emergenty

OtherThoughts:

So the mid mode is most often (more than) bright enough and overclasses the R2 and even R5 althought they have a better throw because their
    emitters are much much smaller.

The T6(0) has proven to be a very good chip, in most cases better in efficiency and lifetime, especially when used in lower modes, they can exeed 100 lumen/watt and last lifetime.

Bottomline:

It would be very diffuicult to make a drop in for the WF 501b wich is better.
    Several years ago I said the same about the R2 and the R5.

Now however the emitter and the heatporoduction can not become bigger (throw will become less)
    or higher power, your hand can't handle no 60 centigrades.

Only higher efficiency can give more gain but I have the idea that even there is not much more to gain.... Maybe I 'm wrong at that point.......

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections