• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool lighter

posted by nashtr on 12/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Lights every time, the flashing lights are very cool, and brighter than I expected. You WILL get noticed when you use this. At less than 3 dollars a pop, you could get a few and give as gifts for your friends who smoke. Overall, the build quality seems very good. As one reviewer noted, the turning dice can make you fumble when you light it every now and then, but no big deal. The coolness factor alone is worth it. :-) You can adjust the flame to a fairly tall height.

Cons:

No instructions, so I have no idea what kind of battery(s) it's using for the lights or how to change them when they die. When that happens, I'll see if I can figure out how to take it apart. If I can't, at this price I'll probably just replace it.

OtherThoughts:

It's a bit larger than I expected, much bigger than a standard disposable butane lighter. It doesn't fit well in a jeans pocket. But the size makes it easy to hold on to, and it will fit in a coat or jacket pocket. And besides, this isn't a lighter to stash away in a pocket, it's an attention getter. :-)

Bottomline:

It's certainly not your everyday run of the mill lighter. Kind of an impulse addition to my order, but at this price it was well worth the money. Gets attention and comments, not a lighter for introverts.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections