Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Wow! That's bright!

posted by techjunkie on 11/20/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Insanely bright with a rechargeable (protected) 16340.

Very compact and lightweight.

Makes an awesome keychain light with a little modification.

Cons:

Driver does not have the good kind of mode memory that returns to the last mode used. Instead, after powering off, this torch always goes to the next mode in the sequence with the next power-on.

No pre-drilled hole in tail cap for lanyard or keyring.

SOS mode spells out SOO.

Driver does not appear to boost or buck voltage. I'm guessing it wont cut-off either, so advise not using unprotected cells.

no rubber gasket at glass and threads are not the smoothest but not the worst either.

OtherThoughts:

I modded mine by drilling a hole in the tail cap in just the right place so that when screwed on, the hole is 90 degrees from either flat surface. I put an 8mm split ring through the hole and attached this to my keychain. When the keys hang from the hole, the flat surfaces land between my first and second finger allowing me to hold the torch like a stogie and work the switch with my thumb.

I also replaced the driver board with a standard 17mm board which fit right in.

Bottomline:

With a little modification, this becomes a perfect and surprisingly powerful keychain torch. Left as-is, it's still a cool little pocket-clip torch.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections