Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very Impressed!

posted by ksJoe on 05/24/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

If you grade on a curve (that is, if you consider the price), this is an amazing flashlight. I bought it for boar hunting at night. Light output is impressive for its size and cost. Build quality, fit & finish is better than I expected for the price.

Cons:

No instructions

No label to indicate battery direction

A minor nit on usability for hunting - it alternates between the two modes each time you turn it on. I would prefer a separate switch to change modes so I could be certain which mode will come on.

OtherThoughts:

Initially I wasn't screwing the tail cap on enough to make contact, and it wouldn't come on. The o-rings make a water tight seal on the tail cap, and I just screwed it on far enough for a nice seal on the o-rings. The problem with that is, the (very durable) finish acts as an insulator so it did not make an electrical. I was wondering if it was DOA, and I was a little nervous about burning it up because I wasn't certain about the battery direction. (The positive end goes in first)

Once I cranked the tail cap on until bottoms out, it worked great.

The threads feel smooth, but were a little dry. I added a drop of oil.

It fits nicely in their flashlight mount, or a standard 1" scope ring.

I've not decided yet if I'll use the pressure switch or the push button. My concern with the pressure switch is that if I let it flicker off, it will come back on in the other mode. That would not be nice surprise when trying to hunt! I would really prefer a way to lock it into one mode or the other, even if it was a bit of a hassle to change (like a dip switch accessible from the inside).

Bottomline:

This was my first purchase from dealextreme.com. Shipping was supposed to be around 2 weeks (it was - 2 weeks plus the weekend).

I picked out several flashlights for night hunting. For the first order I purchased just this light and a charger as a test purchase. I am very pleased, so I will be ordering more now!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections