Customer’s impression:
excellent experience
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• tested and works fine on Linux

posted by kiwibum on 04/03/2013
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a great little camera, the end is tiny at 7mm diameter which is only about 3mm larger than the cable. The LEDs are bright and easily adjusted in brightness by the small wheel on the plug. Works perfectly on Linux since it's a UVC standard device, just viewed it with VLC using "Capture Device" input. Only tested looking round lounge and in my ear, works fine.

Cons:

Had to get the 7m model as the 10m one was sold out. Can always add a USB extension cable to give a bit more length if needed.

OtherThoughts:

Not sure how water proof it is and wont be testing this until I actually need to use it on a drain. Appears to be well made and will be fine for the intermittent use I need it for. Mainly got it for attaching to a cable rod to check the way is clear to run a cable in the ceiling at the apex of my garage. This will save a lot of time checking the area is clear to get a cable through without having to pull the roof off!

Bottomline:

Perfect for the price and if it works (which looks like it will) just once to do the job it was bought for it is worth every cent.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections