DX » Community » Reviews » UG802 II Dual-Core Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM (EU Plug)
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A good player

posted by zorglub76 on 01/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good device, good quality. It works as I expected. It comes with Google Play and Google apps. Stock Android with several specific settings and apps. Booting up fast (~15s).

Cons:

I was concerned whether it will be able to play 1080p movies - it can play some, but can't play most of them. It depends on encoding. All the 720p movies I put up to now (a dozen) worked like a charm. I also had problems with power adapter, which was burnt after only a few days. I ordered the other one, but it wasn't easy to find a 5V 2A adapter (they're usually 1A). However it works with 1A adapter which I use for my phone (only it can't play some 1080p movies that used to work before - it gets stuck and reboots).

OtherThoughts:

External HD didn't work with this player - it recognized the HD, but couldn't read anything. It had no problems with micro SD card (32GB) and USB sticks (connected over a usb hub). WiFi is as good as on my Asus tablet - I'm able to connect to the networks above and below my apartment.

Bottomline:

Great device in its class. Pity that it doesn't handle 1080p video well, but it doesn't concern me much. I use it to watch movies, listen online radios, read comics (I found out that it's great for laying in bed and reading comics on TV) and even for browsing the net (I now seldom use laptop or tablet for that).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections