Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best for this price

posted by Doctor0710 on 01/10/2013
    6 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The device has a nice, soft, "rubbery" touch to it. It has an R820T tuner chip inside, that means it is very usable for the RTLSDR project. Has a better build quality than other EZCaps. Comes with a driver CD that contains a licensed copy of BlazeVideo player (Serial key is on CD box).

Cons:

It has only some minimal cons: It has an MCX antenna connector, which is not really popular in my country, not sure about the others. The sensitivity of the device is greatly improved (coming from older EZCaps) but still not as good as a dedicated standalone DVB-T receiver (Again, maybe my antenna hasn't got the same impedance, so it may be my problem). The receiver heats up after some usage, but that is normal and doesn't affect the video quality nor harms the device (May affect the frequency precision while SDR-ing, but the device is not intended to use for that).

OtherThoughts:

For only 10EUR I must say, I am very satisfied with this product, as there are almost no other receivers for this price. This one hasn't only capable of Full HD DVB-T watching, but with some tinkering, it is a great SDR radio too. Can't ask anything more for this price.

Bottomline:

The delivery for this product lasted pretty long, but that maybe because of the order time (Christmas + New year holidays)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections