Customer’s impression:
Very good light Great value for money Good Flashlight Cool lamp Powerful handy flashlight
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• SingFire headlamp review

posted by matzdx on 03/21/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The camera is very well built with straps strong enough to hold the camera itself on the head without without any play. Having the batteries included and not having to buy an extra pair is definitely a plus. Also, a good feature is having a red LED light on the back battery case. I haven't tested it yet but the whole setup looks like it is rain resistant (should resist rain but no water dipping)

Cons:

It might be a case with my shipment only but one of the batteries was slightly crimped - looks it was pressed with an oval object, diameter the size of the battery itself. Since this is a Li-Ion battery and it goes directly to back of my head it makes me a bit nervous. Also, the front glass rattles a bit but this can be solved by replacing the O-ring seal that supports it, not really a big deal. It comes with US style charger but luckily it supports 220V mains with a simple cheap $1 adapter without a need for voltage step-up converter.

OtherThoughts:

The lamp actually has 4 modes of operation: Hi, Low, Strobe and SOS mode which is accessed by pressing tail button for 5 seconds. If you let it run on high settings, the lamp gets rather hot; low setting doesn't have this problem at all. Has sufficient flood as well as bright spot in the middle for distant throw. If you want to wear this over soft head caps you will not have any problems with elastic straps however, if someone needs to wear this over a helmet straps replacement is advised. Also, have to check if battery packs are protected or not.

Bottomline:

Sturdy construction and slight problem with one of the 18650 batteries.
    Overall, I am satisfied with this product.

• XM-L chip on heatsink

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections