Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• It works fine. Once you figure it out.

posted by dxsmart on 05/24/2013
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The camera is small. (Which is what you want. It doesn't block the whole wind shield which would block your vision).

It has a rubbery, suede feel to the camera which is nice.

Mine came in a Russian worded box, with an English + other language manual. I especially appreciate that it was made for the Russian market because there is high fraud there for traffic accidents.

It boots up in Chinese, but if you double click the menu button you can get into the settings to convert it to English (or other languages pretty quickly).

When saving to the microsd card, there are no lost frames. That's great. 1080HD files are around 400K so consider that when deciding on what SDHC card you will use. 8 gig card will probably give you 45 minutes of driving time.

Cons:

The battery life is small. It only lasts about 10 mins. You would never normally run this on battery though. It should always be plugged into your 12v car adapter while you are using it.

It has motion detection. You'll want to turn that off, so you don't miss things like car accidents event hough you are stopped at a traffic light.

The mini USB cable isn't angled 90 degrees. This is a big problem if you want to swivel the camera around to get a different angle (like if you get stopped by police). If you guy this camera (which is worth the money), buy also, some sort of miniusb 90 degree cable adapter or similar.

OtherThoughts:

It is well worth the money I paid. Lighting could be better, but I can't expect this camera to work like a $150 camera when I only paid under $50

I was especially happy when I saw that my box came crushed but because of the design of the materials it didn't matter. The camera still arrived safely. Whoever manufactures this product knows it will by shipped by mail and they designed the box and contents to take the brute force that will happen by mail.

Bottomline:

I would buy this again. I also can confirm the night vision LEDs do work and the camera knows how to turn from full color to b&w night vision mode giving you the best results it can.

If you are looking for an entry level car DVR, try it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections