DX » Community » Reviews » SpaceRail DIY Physics Space Ball Rollercoaster with Powered Elevator (16000mm Rail)
  • 5 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• So far I'm not done

posted by rcanka on 01/18/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+Excellent time waster
    +Brain trainer
    +Good looking
    +Extremely entertaining user manual
    +Makes you feel intelligent when you finally succeed in the assembling process (if you do)

Cons:

-Excellent time waster, far more than you can imagine just to build the thing...
    -Awful user manual...there's NOTHING but some of the pictures that are useful...which of course is entertaining but still awful
    -The construction quality is unstable, plastic and makes you wonder with every piece you put together if that piece REALLY is supposed to go there.
    -Just to put the small bits together took hours because of strongly varying fit.
    -When you're done you'll think that you've accomplished something, when you simply haven't. :)

OtherThoughts:

Simple toy that takes a long while to build.
    I like the build part a lot, since it's almost like a puzzle or a riddle if you use the manual manual.
    As far as if it's worth the money...I would say yes.
    The toy should be sold with readycut railing, just to calm you down when you've opened the box.
    Maybe even with all the arms/holders/shafts put together, so you don't lose your mind after the almost slave-like work you put in to that bit.

Bottomline:

Awesome time waste.
    Whether or not that time waste is any good is up to you.
    But you have to face the fact that it won't be a complete toy to play and watch until hours/days/weeks after you've opened the box. (Time depends on patience)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections