Customer’s impression:
Great deal Очень хорошо Like very much
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great light for a good price

posted by MaxSVK on 04/06/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- High lumen output. When hiking I use mostly Low mode. High mode is good for higher distance.
    - long battery runtime (at least on my piece). I dont have to charge batteries after every night trip.
    - good price/usefulness ratio
    - low battery indication (When battery is low, power button LED turns red and light automaticaly switches to Low mode)

Cons:

- Mine come with improperly sized reflector and front glass. Reflector is about 3-4mm smaller than diameter of headlamp body and glass was also smaller so there was a gap between glass and flashlight body.
    - For upper reason light was not waterproof (fixed it by ordering properly sized glass)
    - Cool white light - not really a con but i have noticed that blue tinted light has lower penetration ability than warmer tints. It is mostly noticeable in foggy weather when you compare two identical XML lights - one with neutral or warm light and second with cool white. On the other side cool white bin emmiters have slightly higher lumen output.
    - short power cable

OtherThoughts:

Dealextreme offers me an partial refund for improper sized components so Im very grateful and happy with this product.

Bottomline:

If this light just have properly sized parts and neutral white bin XM-L, I would absolutely call it "the best buy for the money".

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections