There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• LED with IR for safety and economy

posted by mabiteam on 02/12/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

First it is an LED bulb, much more environmental friendly than low energy bulbs and even need less energy than those.
    Second it is a 3200k warm white light, perfect for a staircase or a corridor.
    Third it is a perfect energy saver for places where people always forget to switch off light when not used.
    Forth it can be a safety device if persons have the bad manner not switching on a light when going to toilet at night.

Cons:

If used for staircase ilumination, it must be close to the entrance of both sides otherwise it will switch on very late for children.
    A person needs to come to 1,5 - 2 meters before switching on. If installed at 2,2 meters, a little child comes very close until switching on.
    The IR sensor has a low electricity consumtion but permanently.

OtherThoughts:

Switch off after last detected movement is after
    1min 45sec.

Bottomline:

I have a 4W and a 6W installed, and I plan to order more after a trial periode of 9 months.
    Normally they should last much longer, but this has been promised by the expensive low energy bulbs too, but does not work in my house nor at those who I know.
    If both pass the lifetime of 9 months, the above mentionned advantages are worth to buy more of those. And meanwhile I hope that LED gets cheaper.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections