DX » Community » Reviews » Premium 8X Macro-Effect Camera Lens Filter (52mm)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byChicT on 04/06/2013

Very useful if you need to photograph very small objects very close. No need to buy a separate macro lens, this thing turns your normal lens into a macro lens! Well packaged, nice and solid small plastic box. The surface was dirty or dusty, I clearly noticed some smudgy lint on it. Could be 1-2 dollars ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byGrunf92 on 02/09/2013

Did not have great expectations for this lens, it was cheap and I thought it will bi a gimmick, but I was surprised. For this kind of money you get a great macro effect, sure it is not the best, but with extensions and this filter on a lens you get some really nice macro shots. There are not really cons,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byspl1nters on 11/28/2012

Proven and Macro with standard portrait lens. Almost nothing: it's a very good product for that price. Maybe the case could be better, as it is a simple plastic box with a soft sponge and nothing more. The upper part of the lens is not protected. Used with Nikkor-50 lens 1.4D. Greater increase than the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byttheobal on 06/20/2012

WOrks great! WAAAAY cheaper than purchasing a Macro lense. No cons. Well it may not be for a pro as the quality may not be there. there may be distorsion in some cases (I don't know) but if you don't want to spend hundreds on macro lenses, but still take some close ups; then this is the solution for ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bynilsfinken on 04/18/2012

Well-packaged. Easy to fit onto Nikon lens (Nikon D5100, using 52 mm thread) or onto existing filter. Shallow depth of focus. Makes it possible to get within 4 cm of motive. Obviously only for close-up jobs. No landscapes here! Seems to require extra care when metering the light. The macro filter will ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byCoryV on 06/21/2011

At this price it's a real steal! Useful both for serious and experimental/funny photography. Apart from the expected aberrations that start around 20-25% around the center of the picture, nothing really. Well, maybe some practical thing: one gets so close to the subject that hardly any light hits the ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted byVatharian on 05/27/2011

Build quality is very good, thread is solid and the ring feels heavy. Glass is well housed and has no visible defects and optical quality of filter is good enough. It's extremely quick to deploy if you ever happen to find something small and interesting. you have to be very careful while handling this ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bywhizkris on 08/07/2010

I was in doubt when I ordered if this will fit my Nikon D40's package 18-55 Non VR lens . . and when I received this item, it fits perfectly into the groove of the lens. The camera doesn't seem to auto-focus when this filter is fixed. But I guess the manual focus is also quite ok when you are looking ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byAlfadir on 08/17/2009

Very cheap macro filter, I dont want to invest in a macro objective yet so this was a very good buy. They magnify your photo alot, and they are really cheap. If you have a dslr and are interested in taking photos of small things I would recommend this. This would also be a good gift for dslr owners, ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydrinkmorejava on 02/21/2009

*Cheap *Great for trying out macrophotography *Easy to carry around *some chromatic aberration *limited barrel distortion. If you're using it on a cheap telephoto, it's definitely noticeable, but nothing unexpected *limited focus range, I'd say <1cm depending on aperture *might have trouble using ... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections