DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire U4-MCU 3-Mode 230-Lumen LED Versatile Flashlight (CR123A/18650/18500/AAA)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bygbollybob on 11/02/2013

Strong, well made, useful modes, bright, can use with 18650, 123a and AAA Lasts longer on half mode Sometimes need to tighten up screw fittings inside. As with many of the "defective" torches I have bought from DX generally I just need to get a pair of long nose pliers into the screw fitting ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byyagermeister on 12/12/2012

Optional Power Sources (3 X AAA, 180654 Rechargeaable, or 2 3V LiIon batterys. 3 Modes: Bright Beam (Torch), lower powered beam and strobe. Battery life could be longer, but in HI output mode these models are like a torch, so they do use battery at a modest rate. I buy these and give them to my friends.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bySosenia on 12/07/2012

Pretty bright flashlight with nice white light color. The beam has a nice range. At the high mode it could work for about a hour, while low mode doubles battery live (tested with not new batteries). Housing is made of good quailty, hard steel. I think that it could be a little lighter... But it is relative ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byCobrastylez on 10/26/2012

Really like the size and output of this light. Did some outside test and quite surprised for 230 lumen. It goes around 400m in distance. Note its more a thrower then a flooder Great Solid body :) Had some issues with the clicky mode cap. Bad solderingen made the flashlight unstable and flicker to much.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byLouisW on 09/09/2012

Three years later, going on four and this light is still working great. I keep it in my night stand. I have over 20 flashlights and this is one of the first LED lights I purchased. The quality has held up over time and the light is not as bright as my XML -T6 ones, but I'll still very happy with the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byWitzz on 09/03/2012

Solid durable case, supports AAA batteries but also those special one like CR123A, 18650 or 18500. Light is really bright, good for bicycle, and modes can but at one hand fun but also very useful Dries batteries fast, but that's not cons because it strong flashlight with bright and long-range light, ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byhateun on 11/20/2011

Works very good with AAA rechargeables. Nice strong beam, better than a 3d xenon flashlight. Also useable at medium mode. Good build quality. Weather sealing is good. Beam is pretty well focussed. Spil is usefull. Grip is good. Lanyard comes in handy. Beam might be a bit more bundled. Very nice light ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bygianmario62 on 09/15/2011

- The FlashLight is built in a solid aluminium case, and feel good in your hands. - The multi-battery option in very useful: you can use AAA batteries, CR123A and 18650 batteries. - The flashlight never became hot and the batteries life is quite long (as expected). - The FlashLight is rated 230 lumens,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byRachel235 on 09/10/2011

Excellent cree torch, sturdy metal construction with tail push clicky switch that changes mode when pressed. Great versality to use different batteries to power the torch. Bit heavy as it's made from metal, bit awkward to carry extra battery plastic tube for use with cr123a batteries. Excellent torch ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bybesik33 on 07/08/2011

- Very nice flashlight - no problem with AAA batteries - switch for strong , medium a stroboscope - build quality is good ( Feels heavy, solid, and expensive - solid metal) - the light is white (little blue) - strong spot in the middle. In medium mode it has still a good power. - no problem with hotting ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections