There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works reliably as advertised

posted by Crafter65 on 12/06/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I use this in my Sony HX-9V camera. It fits without any problem, and works as expected. I'm glad to say the 'InfoLithium' feature (tells you remainng life in minutes) actually works. It charges in the camera just like the original BG-1 that came with my camera. This is really important... see below.

Cons:

No plastic battery case included. This is a minor con. The battery itself seems to be working well, even after 15 months, provided you charge it properly.

OtherThoughts:

This battery only works as well as the charge it receives. This is NOT a con on this product itself, rather a point to note when choosing an external charger for this battery. I got SKU 8903 for this battery and on my travel, the charger kept stopping the charge too early, so that the battery was not fully charged. So the charger used is equally important. At least it gets a full charge when charged in-camera.

Bottomline:

Based on the first one, I would buy this again if needed. Pisen seems to be trustworthy. Recommended alternative to the original. Do get a reliable charger though.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections