DX » Community » Reviews » MyGica A11 Cortex A9 Android 4.0 Network Multimedia Player TV Box w/ TF - Black (1GB DDR3 / 4GB ROM)
  • 5 star 5 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjajoflo on 09/25/2013

Can be flash with XBMC Linux http://www.j1nx.nl/downloads/?did=31 Can play pretty much anything (Including 1080p and 1080i recording) CEC is working with some LG (Recent) and Sony tv. Remote is very cheap. No wifi. It's a single core so it's no super fast but it's enough for the Kids room. The unit come with a chineese version of android wich is not ... Read more

0 2
  • posted byPhoolieOdijk on 06/20/2013

I have flashed it with Linux-XBMC firmware and now i have a nice and silent XBMC machine. There is a great community for developing on the AMlogic chipset. It's a verry small box. The out of the box chines firmware. But with a little bit research is easy to install an other firmware on it. No WIFI onboard. The remote control feels a bit cheap. Doesn'... Read more

0 1
  • posted bysrlek on 05/10/2013

Very small, attractive box, the RC works with standard batteries. There is a fully working Linux XBMC build for this box, that works great. Have not tested the Android builds available, the one that comes on the box is a Chinese market customized one, so you will probably not be using that very long. Only HDMI out - but that is usually all you need.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfuqhard on 04/20/2013

Once flashed with new firmware, this unit works really well with the XMBC interface. The original firmware it TERRIBLE and impossible to use unless you are Chinese (Mandarin I assume) If you buy this unit, do a simple search on MyGica A11 firmware and re-flash with on of the various available. I do not use this as a typical Android device. The new firmware ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydimman70 on 03/15/2013

* Working Linux-Xbmc images for flashing the device available. * Remote working in Linux-dist * Small size * Powerful enough to play HD formats * Completely silent * Led light to bright on front of box * No built in Wifi * The android user interface sucks. * A bit hot during HD use * Remote feels a bit too cheap 65$ is a bargain! Using XBMC with this ... Read more

0 1
  • posted bygilguerra on 02/24/2013

Well...after some work my tv became a "tablet"...and, with the xbmc app, I can watch movies stored in any kind of usb devices! It comes with a chinese firmware, and it doesn't looks like an android device, it doesn't have the play store, nor the netflix app, nor the youtube app. I spent several days to figure out how to change the firmware ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bygamb79 on 02/05/2013

Cheap, small, has a "recovery mode" and forum support is good. Installed new firmware (non-chinese) and XBMC and some GoogleTV apps. Works flawlessly. I can watch "Uitzending gemist" and everything from my NAS and completely customize the interface if I want. The new firmware does not completely support the remote control that came ... Read more

3 4

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections