Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cool design & works perfectly

posted by Cr0wbar on 01/16/2013
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Firstly, I want to say that the colour and design choice is pretty good. The colours go great together (a bit like a SATA cable), and I love that the HDMI end says SIII on it and makes everything very clear to understand. All english on the cable is proper too.

I'm also very happy to report that it works on my Galaxy S3. I've realised that the old 5-pin ones don't, but this one thankfully does work perfectly. There were no problems with playing 720p video from the phone to my 1080p TV. No lag!

I think the length is perfect too. You may need a long microUSB cable for the charging function, but this cable is a great length.

Cons:

You must plug a microUSB plug in to the HDMI end so the phone can charge while outputting to the TV. If you don't plug this in, no signal will be sent to the TV. This is an MHL confinement.

The price may be considered too high for some, however it's a fair price for me.

OtherThoughts:

Gold plated plugs would be nice.
    I'm not sure if this will work on other phones as most use the 5-pin MHL plug. It should work on the Note II, though.

Bottomline:

If you're wanting a reliable and cool-looking cable to connect your Galaxy S3 in to your TV, this cable is the one for you!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections