Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Simple and useful

posted by falcon1990 on 01/27/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

+ small
    + excellent light output for the price
    + reading light/low beam is very useful when using the lamp for night orienteering like i do
    + power cable seems to stand even in temperatures -20 C
    + connectors are "updated" so they have a small rubber collar on the battery pack's connector that should keep it connected and waterproof. Not as good as magiclight's connectors, though. I may still change this original ones to ones from sku. 32753 like i've done earlier.
    + battery condition indicator light is on only when the light is turned on unlike in magicshine's lights. doesn't kill the battery if you forget it connected.

Cons:

- battery charger is the cheapest one. I have got several of them back broken as warranty repairs (60+ headlights sold, 4 chargers returned, 2 battery packs returned)
    - there is no heat sink compound attached between the led mount and light body. You really should disassemble the light and add some.

OtherThoughts:

The low beam/XPG led is quite useless with the original setup as it is mainly focused on a tight spot. It is more useful to have it modded on to flood light that lights up surroundings more widely. I've done it succesfully with sku. 13983. It need a bit of modification but takes less than 30mins to complete.

Bottomline:

Great light for camping, hiking, outdoor, jogging, multisport and orienteering. I even use it for car repairs, although the battery pack's cable is quite annoying in tight places like while being under the car.

Post comment

DX Everywhere