Customer’s impression:
Good product Submit your impression Great item! Recomendo!!
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best LED panel ever!

posted by tfrangel on 02/11/2013
    28 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I am in the process of choosing and buying lamps/lights for my new condo. I have decided that I will use only LED light in the entire condo, and all lights would be surface mounted. However, so far, I had never found any light for the larger rooms (e.g. bedroom, kitchen, dining room, office) that would get me excited about. Those I had found were too expensive, not bright enough, or too ugly. Also, most ceiling down LED lights I have found have a narrow beam, and are less bright than a 15/20W electronic/fluorescent light bulb.
    Ok... having said that, I must say that I am VERY happy with this LED panel. In fact, it is the first that perfectly fits all my criteria.
    It is slim... REALLY slim. They are serious about the 2cm depth, and you will be impressed by how light it is. At the same time, it feels pretty solid and well built.
    Also, it is BRIGHT, very BRIGHT! I have installed it next to a 4 x 15W assemble of fluorescent light, and believe me, it is brighter than the whole thing.

Cons:

No real con so far. Hope it lasts long... as I am buying more.

If you plan to install it embedded in the ceiling, you should have no problem. Installation will be fast and clean.

If, on the other hand, you plan to install it in the surface of the ceiling (like I did), you will need some time and basic skills. I have used screwed a short metal strip to the ceiling, and attached the panel to the strip using the side attachments designed to hold the springs. I still need to use some hot glue to cover some small holes that "leak" light upward (see picture), but it should take only a couple minutes.

OtherThoughts:

Ahh... BTW... the light color is superb! My bedroom feels like in a bright sunny daylight: not two yellow, and certainly not cold-blueish. 3500K - 4000K is just the perfect color!

The maker should provide an LED panel like this one that could be easily surface mounted. Lots of people drill holes in their ceiling, which I try to avoid, so I understand that embedded lights are more popular. However, with a LED panel as slim as 2cm and beautiful finishing, I believe that more people will decide to attach the light directly on the surface of the ceiling.

Bottomline:

One of the best DX purchases I have ever made. I am buying several more now, and I just hope that they are all similar (same light color and size).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections