DX » Community » Reviews » OURSPOP MK808B Dual Core Android 4.1 Google TV Player w/ Bluetooth / 8GB ROM / TF / HDMI - Black
  • 5 star 54 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 17 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool pre-rooted, up-to-date TV stick

posted by Kopter on 02/06/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The device comes pre-rooted. One just has to install Superuser and that was it. This is cool, as one can use Droidmote Server or a Shutdown App or any other app, no need to hack the device or to flash risky ROM. It has the newest ROM.
    One can set it straight to 1080P and use it.
    It turned my TV into a huge tablet. :-)

Cons:

To plug in a Hard Disk one should preferably use either a powered USB HUB or a HDD with external power. This is not really a con. More something one should be aware of in case of an issue.

OtherThoughts:

Although I did not buy a remote on the first run, I am about to order a fly-mouse and check it out. Droidmote is cool, but then I use one of my devices as remote, and this might conflict with other activities. Thus a dedicated air-mouse might be cool. But if you already have a radio laser mouse, then you can use it on your leg, it does the job perfectly.

Bottomline:

This power for such a low price? Amazing!
    Others telling they have more support than DX? Haha! You do not have to flash the DX stick at all and it has newer ROM than anything else.
    Go and get it! It is fun!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections