Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybadsc9 on 05/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:the thort of beeing able to convert an old IDE to a sata is great so I like the way it looks and things like that Cons:one big con is the fact that when I wanted to use them one of them shorted out it's power cable witch made a deasent amout of plastic smelly sm... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypyro329 on 02/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap - Possible to use old HDDs again - Has an activity LED Cons:the through-hole connector pins can touch the case of the attached drive. this shouldn't really be a problem, as drive cases are often painted and this solder appears coated... but i still put a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMegalos001 on 01/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Cheap - Possible to use old HDDs again - Has an activity LED Cons:- Doesn't work well with CD/DVD Drive - Build quality is not perfect OtherThoughts:For my old IDE HDD, this converter works perfectly. Make sure however to set the HDD jumper setting to 'Maste... Read more

1 0
  • posted bywi11ow on 08/05/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works well, I got my old IDE disk to work with it rather fast. It also comes with a SATA cable. Just connect the module to the disk and use the cables to connect it to power and the main board. Cons:The fit was rather tight, I had to press down hard. Also I ca... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySpeederase on 05/04/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Fairly sturdy, easy to use, and brainless. Just plug it into the drive, pop in SATA (included) and the floppy power cable and voila - shows up to the computer as a SATA drive! Cons:Unplugging it feels like it might break, if your drive has a metal casing, you... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDragonPoo on 04/27/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works great, the VERY BEST price around, Comes with cables. Both SATA and power cable.. Cons:Back solder points are close to drive, but , not touching (at least in my case) But I could see where the could be a concern to some.. OtherThoughts:Just remember to c... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDiarto on 02/07/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-It's small -Comes with SATA cable and a power cable converter Molex-Mini molex -Doesn't require any installation what so ever -Works with Windows 7 Cons:-Has an orange LED for connection confirmation, might be an issue for one who's into case modification -Package was al... Read more

1 0
  • posted byemiliogon on 08/02/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- zero config other than cable fiddling - uses a floppy power connector, so you can finally use one of those power supply outputs meant for the floppy no one uses anymore. - comes with cables! Cons:- the through-hole connector pins can touch the case of the at... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytutils on 05/23/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works and it's cheap. It is compact enough to be plugged into any device without interfering. No speed degradation noticed with my CD-RW drive (didn't use it for a real hard-disk though). It requires a 4 pin power cable, which is included with the package, al... Read more

1 0
  • posted byn4zou on 04/10/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works perfectly! I had an old 30 GiB hard drive just laying around so I plugged this little device where the ribbon cable would have gone and plugged in the power and SATA cables. The BIOS found it as did my Windows and Linux operating systems. Cons:Be careful o... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections