DX » Community » Reviews » JR-5050 Waterproof 72W 4500lm 300-5050 SMD LED RGB Light Strip w/ Remote Controller (5m / DC 12V)
  • 5 star 14 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good product, not as powerful as promised

posted by smultasu on 05/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Color of the white is good and remote control works as promised. The brightness could be a little bit better, but It is quite good for RGB LED strip.

Cons:

The power consumption of the strip is not 72W as described in specification. I used laboratory power to determine the power consumption, and with 12.4V DC I got current consumption of 2.9 A, which results to ~36W. This was achieved with white mode (all green, red and blue are on).

Separately, blue and green lights take about 0.9A and the red takes 1.2A.

OtherThoughts:

I did not do long-term testing, but I could definitely feel some heat coming from the LEDs, nothing near of burning though.

The standby current was not major, under 0.1A, but did not measure accurately.

TIP:

The "arrow" in the wireless LED controller (the IR receiver) marks the ground, if someone is wondering, how the connection goes.

NOTE:

There is no memory in wireless control, if the power source is turned Off and back on, the led strip will turn on in White mode.

Bottomline:

Based on the price and quality, I can recommend the product.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections