DX » Community » Reviews » Multi-Function Manual Stainless Steel Noodle Fruit Hand Press Juicer - Silver
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Okay noodle/ spaghetti maker

posted by larsman1 on 03/19/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Nice item, works very well. Made of metal is good, you will have to be really "mean" to it for it to break =) Comes with 2 bottom pieces to make round or flat noodles/ spaghetti. Noodles taste VERY good compared to store bought ones. Nothing beats fresh noodles if you like to eat them. Recipe I use written in other thoughts field.

Cons:

The build quality is higher than average but not superb, it's not loose anywhere but it seems it could be a little better handle and a little better piston inside the press. Not really a con for me but I think half a star less is justified.

It's quite hard to turn the handle so it presses out the noodles, for elderly or children it probably is very hard to use properly.

A little big holes so the noodles become quite thick. Again not really a con for me but worth to mention.

IT CAN NOT PRESS FRUIT. I have tried orange, apple and some tomato =) First of all you do not get a high percentage of juice out and it is much harder to press than noodles. DO NOT USE ON JUICE PRESSING!!!! I have tried similar to this item SKU: 15320 and they work great and is very easy to operate and does not require much muscle power =P

OtherThoughts:

All in all a great product if you like to do a little "hard labor" when making food from scratch. Little big holes but I liked that. I use this recipe; Noodle Dough
    2 Cups Flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 eggs, well beaten
    2 TB warm water

Sift flour and salt onto a pastry board, make a well in the center and add eggs and water.
    Work the flour into the egg mixture, adding more water if necessary to make a stiff but malleable dough.
    Knead on the board until smooth. Divide dough in half and let it rest for 30 minutes, covered.
    Roll out as thin as possible and cut into any desired shapes.
    Spread noodles on board and let them dry, or not, try both and do what you feel taste best.

Bottomline:

Great product, ok price, good build quality, little bit hard to use and do not use on fruit pressing.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections