• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
ok in time
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• highly recommend!

posted by mthlth on 05/02/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

For the price, you will find none better!
    Works well in all pin tumbler type locks I've tried it in.
    Amazingly simple design making it easy to maintain and repair if necessary!

Cons:

Louder than my ex on a hot day!
    Was excessively greasy in packaging.
    All screws were loose upon arrival.
    No pouch, instructions, maintenance guide included
    No markings (up/down) on the tension adjustment wheel

OtherThoughts:

Upon arrival I stripped it down to its bare components (which were loosely fitted to begin with) so that I could soak some of the packing grease from the inner casing, its was incredibly simple to reassemble and with only a few screws holding it all together it took almost no time at all! I also took the time while I had it open to apply a thin layer of sillicone around the bottom screw joint and the tip of the striker to quieten the noise quite successfully! With absolutely no experience picking locks I just googled the basics and within an hour had successfully unlocked every lock in my house multiple times! The whole device is quite sturdy and well made and should last a long time if you take an hour on delivery to clean, tighten and check everything!

Bottomline:

Best $17.20 I ever spent! As an engineer by trade I can honestly say it's an amazingly simple and well designed tool and I'll definitely be using this site again to score some more awesome gadgets ;)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections