DX » Community » Reviews » Minix NEO X5 RK3066 Android 4.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / TF / 1GB RAM / 16GB ROM / XBMC / US Plug
  • 5 star 10 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylyrjan on 12/22/2013

this product is very easy to install and use, my 11.5 years old boy had it connected to a working level. we easily changed the language and we are fully satisfied. the decvice is amall and doesn't take too much space in our living room. haven't found yet. Hopefully there will be no cons... you have to buy keyboard and mouse seperately and hopefuly there ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvladzur on 09/30/2013

A very convenient size, attractive exterior design and enough of the external connectors. The configuration is very simple and comes with two launchers to select. Using a USB mouse can be handled very easily, perfectly supports USB hard drive 1TB. The remote is useless, the keys are very hard and the infrared receiver has little viewing angle. The HDMI ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjaha444 on 09/03/2013

Good price and has some more memory than similar products, which is always better. Tons of inputs and connectivity, and has played all my MKV movies without a hitch. Nice and small too. Came the quickest of all the products I've ever ordered from DX. Can't get the Android app (RKRemote) for remote keyboard to discover the device, so I haven't been able ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byBohemioextremo on 07/10/2013

Very good product. Came with Android firmware ver 4.1 Very easy to use. Good package. Case and cable of good quality. I didn´t check 5.1 audio. Very good video resolution. Ideal to watch NETFLIX without using a laptop. The remote control is not good. In terms of operation, basically no cons for the unit. If I had to mention one is the time it takes ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygm4quang on 06/25/2013

this is the improved version of the previously under powered teevee boxes. very happy so far with it. low power consumption, low heat generation (the box has no vent so I can't really tell, but its working fine so far. price is still high at $100 us dollars per unit. the box has no vent so I do not know how hot it really is in side. it took a long time ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bysaryes on 06/19/2013

Great money to quality ratio. Build quality is solid, doesn't feel cheap. Very light. Device is able to use Google Play and install any video player from there, no problem with any video format you might find in your collection. Great community, if you search online, you can find answers to any question. Not all of the device's remote control functions ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymihijios on 05/23/2013

This little box is the main reason I started shopping at DX. As some famed reviewer put it: why buy a cheaper stick-type Android TV, when you will end up buying a USB hub, an ethernet interface etc? Better get everything you need + the kitchen sink in this device. Build quality is pretty good, performance is excellent. Get the remote you prefer from ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byxxdxnz on 04/08/2013

* Android * Small / low power consumption * WiFi / Ethernet * ROM upgradeable * Manufacturer is constantly updating the ROM * App to control unit from your Android phone * Remote is small and effectively useless, grab a wireless keyboard The ROM update procedure is a very manual process where-by you will need to connect it to a Windows PC via the OTG ... Read more

1 1
  • posted bymidi212 on 03/15/2013

Good housing Assembly, a neat appearance inspires respect. Unpack generous to the cables of varying degrees of relevance. Instruction in English only and introduces only the basic functions, but the phone menu is in Russian. Without problems has identified a wired mouse and a wired keyboard. WI-FI tuned easy and understandable. Caught even weak signals ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byMartijn.nieuwenhuis@gmail.com on 02/27/2013

Its a mini computer. XBMC works great after latest firmware en patch. i would really recommend it! it's my first android device and it's realy easy in use. browsing the internet, watching movies. Playing games. Still in development. it needs something like a logitch k400 of a air mouse, like the mele f10. Google play store sucks. for this price there ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections