Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Perfect media box

posted by onaqui2 on 01/17/2013
    9 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Quick, i mean really smooth. Starts up very very fast, i can surf the web as from a laptop with no lag what so ever

Plays anything that i throw at it even without me installing any video playing apps, even mkvs with external subtitles

open OS (android)

wifi works without issues

all the available connections (i especially enjoy ethernet connection)

Easy to stream videos from a PC, neo x5 can see the shared files right away without me having to install any special apps or w/e

XMBC already installed

Plugged my bluetooth keyboard/mouse in and it worked from start

The power adapter has a wide range of voltage it can work with, so this item works both in the US and in Sweden (we have very different current systems) with a plug adapter

Cons:

Not android 4.1, it's 4.0

Old firmware, need to update to remove mkv lag and some other bugs, the firmware that comes with it is nearly a year old!

Old version of XMBC

Chinese version of youtube

Chinese language from start

Some chineses gmail account was already setup with the box, probably to install some google play store apps but one could at least remove that account before delivering the box

OtherThoughts:

Probably the best android media box out there right now, all the others seem to lack connectivity, have wifi or overheating issues and/or lacking performance.

DX were very fast with the delivery of this product, it was at my post office in Sweden within 2 weeks from ordering(and i made the order on the 27th of december, the holidays should have delayed the delivery a bit) and they even wrote down the value of the product on the customs sheet so i avoided taxes. Great job DX!

Bottomline:

Best android box you can get, unless you want to wait for OUYA or w/e you should get this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections