DX » Community » Reviews » Red CREE LED Emitter (20mm 1.9~2.2V)
  • 5 star 10 ( 59% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byQueCito on 08/18/2012

CREE is the best led's brand, and it is an very recommendable red emitter. I bought five of these, and I am using these (just two) as light to tulipanes that I have at home (inside). These are working at 1,8v (@ 900 mA) and I have sped ut the time of flowering. I recommend to use some led driver to control the current, or to make someone with electronic ... Read more

2 leds working at 900mA over tulipanes
    0 0
  • posted bymighty23mouse on 11/18/2011

Great color and light output. I mounted two of these onto the metal cover of a small project box from a local electronics store. Managed to fit a 3 AAA battery holder out of a cheapo 9 led light into the box to power them DD. Then velcroed the box in the top of my small safe. Wired them up to light when the safe is opened. Lights up the whole thing ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytactician33 on 06/15/2011

bright red.just power it the right way and it will put out some serious blinding red light.best quality i ran it on one 18650 lion and it draws about 1.3amps that is a regulated drive and it is vary well maintained on that type of power and is vary stable on normal amp draw it gets warm but its normal for the type of current that it draws.i highly recommended ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve000 on 05/20/2011

The LED's themselves are very bright. I have found the following. Soldering to them is weird, using a 18w soldering iron, the solder would take a while to melt, then when it would melt and stick to the pad it would cool for a sec. i imagine this is because of the heatsink star they are attached to. no big deal. Run these at 2.4v they draw 280mA or .... Read more

1 0
  • posted byschnottus on 03/27/2011

This led is very bright, using 2 of them for my bikes tail liight makes it uncomfortably bright for anyone within 20 feet of the back of my bike. The dome lens over the led is not secured very well. Of the two leds I had one dome fell off completely when I bumped the dome while installing optics and upon inspection the 2nd led dome was starting to lift ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byledfun on 02/26/2011

Very bright red led. More bright then I expected. I have built a bike tail light with 10 pcs extra bright 5mm leds, but it hides far behind this guy. Just as any of the power leds, it dissipates too much heat. You need a heat sink. I use with sku.13557 and works perfectly. Without a heat sink it gets warm after cca. 30 sec, but still alive. The sku.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLollerkopter on 01/29/2011

It's great bright red light. Easy install method, thanks to the PCB star. Higher drive current, the light color becomes a little bit orange, but it's not a big cons for me. I think, this is Cree XR-C LED. I bought this to build a good and bright bicycle tail light. When the drive current is 100mA, the LED is stays cool (minimal heatsink is enough) and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGuittone on 01/16/2011

Very bright, it shines at low currents, too. It comes on a convenient star metal core pcb, easily soldered. It came in a tiny anti-static wrap for protection. The dome was too big to fit into the hole of the lens I chose, so I had to do some file work. I have used this led for a bicycle tail light, and it performs well. The lamp turns out to be brighter ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPolara on 11/22/2010

very bright and nice red colour, but a little orange. i´m using two sets of this red emitter with SKU.14598 as taillights of my bicycle, driven by a 6V-3W dynamo, using rectifier bridge, a 2200uF/16V capacitor and 1Ohm/1W resistor and 2 CREE red emitter connected in series. So much light it´s possible to use a higher resistor to adjust the brigtness,... Read more

0 1
  • posted by_Diceman on 04/18/2010

I bought this to use in a cheap 2xAA headlamp housing to be directly driven. It's quite bright on moderately flat alkalines and doesn't produce much heat. On rechargeables it's even brighter but good heat sinking is needed for extended use. No real problems with the wavelength (colour), it appears to be fine to me. Doesn't attract bugs as badly as a ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections