Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nice when it would work

posted by pe1dnn on 03/22/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The unit is very small and easy to carry. Also the price is a big advantage, if you ever dislocate the item it is only a small loss. Especially compared to the original ASUS item. Also it looks quite solid, especially for the offered price.

Cons:

The 40 pin connector is protected by a cap, but this cap doesn't stick very well to the case. Also the adapter does not provide enough power to power a USB HDD, but this is hardly a fault of this adapter. Any adapter will have this, using additional external power the the HDD should work anyway.

OtherThoughts:

My USB OTG adapter arrived with a problem, when I put it in, the touchscreen stops responding. Since this has not been mentioned before my adapter apparently malfunctioned. I started the DOA procedure. However judging the other reports this should be just an exception and I only mention it because its is something which can happen.

Bottomline:

I think when it is working, it is a perfect addition. Although mine is not working correctly I take this as an exception and think in general it is worth the purchase. When in doubt however, there is a slightly more expensive version on DX looking more like the original ASUS device; also nice is the version on DX with 2 USB connectors, although I don't know if there is power enough to drive two devices.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections