• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice ip camera but no ip-cut

posted by arendst on 02/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This ip camera is a nice small device which can easily be situated everywhere. The inbuild webserver is easy to use once you have it set up. The picture is clear and the rotation movements are smooth. The enclosed mini CD documentation and software is newer than the download suggested in the overview page. The documentation calls out Wanscam JW0004 ipcam.

Cons:

- In contrast to the camera overview page this camera has NO ip-cut. I choose this camera for this option so I was a bit disappointed. The picture is still usable but the grey faint in almost direct sunlight is definitively present.
    - Until now I was unable to record a video or take a picture as the webpage buttons seem to do nothing. I would expect to see a file save pop-up screen but alas, nothing happens.

OtherThoughts:

As I live in the Netherlands and the power plug has flat pins I also ordered sku3529 which does it's job nicely.

Bottomline:

Having played with this camera I wonder what the difference is between this ipcam and sku186202. They seem to me as being the same. Both lack ip-cut so in that case I would go for the much cheaper other ipcam.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections