DX » Community » Reviews » Pro Mini Microcontroller Circuit Board for Arduino (5V / 16MHz)
  • 5 star 8 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A small Arduino board at a small price

posted by bigjack65 on 01/26/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Cheap, small, perfect for every standalone project or for testing on protoboard. Almost the same footprint of original Pro Mini plus extra analog pins and the ability to work with 3,3V and 5V @16Mhz! Component are all on one side. Very affordable product.

Cons:

Not really have cons. Product arrived with pins already soldered, useful for breadboards or for rapid replacement, but not so very useful for other connections. Have the same layout of an original pro mini but remember that this is a 16Mhz board, VBus on FTDI side and 5V are the internal Vcc connection (from 3,3 to 5V MAX!) and the Vin is the input of regulator (from 3,35 to 12V), named RAW in original board (as you can see in the original schematic). Sometimes found elsewere a similar board at lower price.

OtherThoughts:

Cheap, works very well, have many supply choices and pin than the original. I'll add one or more in my next order. Buy a cheap usb interface (I've buyed the complete SKU146141) is perfect for students to start with a great idea (W Italian Arduino!)

Bottomline:

Buy this to make experiments or to embed in your standalone small sized project.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections