Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Well built with some quality control issues

posted by freyr255 on 03/19/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Solid aluminum housing, Lens is clear and seems well built, very bright, construction seems very durable, built in voltage regulation. These lights in my opinion are every inch the same build quality of ones three times the price in North America.

Cons:

I ordered two of these for my truck and on one of the two lights three LEDs did not work due to a cold solder joint not making contact properly. In my impatient wisdom I decided to test the LEDs for function with a full 12V to each, promptly burning them out(apparently flickering is burning out..not a bad connection). Anyway that was my big issue and if the one didn't have that these would be five stars across the board. I ordered some SKU: 146843 to replace the burnt out LEDs(seem correct..same style/wattage/spectrum) and would recommend ordering some if you know how to solder as back up in case you burn out an LED during use or if defective from the factory. If one is attempting to repair these there are three LEDs in series so if one goes out the other two will as well.

OtherThoughts:

Honestly most of my issue was of my own doing and if both of these lights came fully functioning I'd be floored at how reasonable these lights are for pricing. Don't get me wrong, like everyone I wish they were half the price, but given the prices in North America these are about half to a third of the going rate making them actually a good deal.

Following that pulling the face off and sealing it with silicon seems like a good idea(lens is sealed but not the aluminum housing) as well as pulling out the LED board and adding some additional thermal compound to the back of it as they seem to be a bit thin in places where it's not making full contact with the housing(aka heat sink). I didn't list those as cons as I consider them more of improving the product rather than fixing it.

Bottomline:

If your looking for LED lights for a vehicle these are a great choice. Be prepared to pull them apart and do some repair work on the soldering should it be required.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections