Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very decent for its price

posted by Broozerx on 03/07/2013
    7 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Its a nice solid little device, the attachment system is solid built and sticks to about anything on your car. Although i would have prefered the USB connector on the bottomside instead of the top side.

The LCD is clear and shows clearly when its recording, it fits nearly everywhere on your front screen, as long you can connect the USB cable to it.

At daylight the camera is pretty decent, though it does record at 1080p, its far from the actualy quality (reminds me of those Trust/Sweex cameras), still sound and image are pretty decent. Sadly, the infrared at night is just too weak to see proper, on a road without streetlight it basicly becomes dark, entirely dark.

Cons:

I have a few minor issues with the device, but some come from the way the camera works.

Though its nice to have chopped up recordings, stiching it all together again on your computer can be somewhat annoying.

1080p (both settings) sadly only record at 25fps, 720 does 30fps and i believe only the lowest setting (320x240) can hit 60fps.

The blue powerled is very bright at sitting straight behind the camera get you slightly blinded by the LED. I fixed this by putting a bit of tape on top of it.

The 'fisheye' lens makes the view sometimes a bit unrealistic, in a few shots i see a car in front of me like he's driving 10-15 meters ahead, but in reality i was at max 3 meters behind him. You can use the zoom to compensate this slightly, but the zoom is only digital and result is a considerable less quality.

OtherThoughts:

Once you pop it on your PC, it gives a choice to use as mass storage (to copy videos) or to use it as a webcam.

It starts recording automatic once it recieve USB power (sig.outlet), so you dont have to manualy start it (though u can manualy stop it).

Bottomline:

I have no experience with the other camera's sold at DX, but this one had a nice price and works pretty well. Easy to use, menu is responsive and user-friendly.

So for its price its a very decent camera that does it job. Though you might consider the more expensive ones if you prefer high quality images.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections