DX » Community » Reviews » Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery - Black + Green (2 Pieces)
  • 5 star 4 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Dear Lord - these are dreadful!

posted by dmmuller on 06/07/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good price and long life (if they don't die after the first use - more of that later).

Qaulity appears to be good - at first.

Cons:

Terminal is too far recessed to allow two batteries to be used in series. There is simply not enough of the positive terminal protruding above the lip of the cell to allow good contact. I had to prise the thin terminal cover up in three points to allow a contact to be made.

I ordered six of these. I have only got round to using two. After the first use and before I recharged the cells one had died. No charge, no current, nothing. Dead as a very dead donkey.

Not good guys.

OtherThoughts:

I've had better life and more service from the much maligned UltraFire batteries. One outing isn't a very good shelf life is it?

I just hope the other five manage to last a little longer than this, time will tell.

Bottomline:

Okay if you wish to use them as single cells but try and put these in series, on top of each other and you'll be disappointed I'm afraid.

Possibly better cells out there.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections