Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great value for the money

posted by Westvandude on 05/17/2013
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Great price for a stand-alone 4 channel DVR. Comes with everything you need except for the hard drive. Cameras work pretty good in the dark at short distance and marginal at far distance but this is a strength of the infra-red LED's. If you purchase an additional infra-red illuminator you can make far away objects much brighter at night. Manual is ok. Remote access via web works good. Streaming via web browser with high speed connections both ends works great from across the city.

Cons:

I haven't been able to get remote access on my iphone working yet but I think that is a function of looking at the software CD that came with the phone. I think the browser access works but when I tried my older NAWAY app to access it the device wouldn't talk to the iphone and NAWAY+ says "device not authorized". The two outdoor cameras seem to have a purple colour tinge. Take a look at the screen shot from my desktop using remote web access.
    When I tried to switch to NTSC the screen flickered on the monitor for the cameras. So I went back to PAL. It's not an issue really. The video looks good.
    This isn't a $1000 DVR so it is not HD video but it's much better than 320x200 using a webcam on VitaminD software on win xp.

OtherThoughts:

Single power supply with 5 outputs for the camera and power to the DVR... not best solution. Cheapest but if a burglar cuts the cable and short circuits the power to one of the cameras your DVR also loses power. So either get a second 12v power supply as insurance or use the existing power supply to power a 12v 5-10AH lead-acid battery and have that power the dvr directly. That way if the power is shorted on a camera the DVR still works.

Bottomline:

Excellent value for the money. Includes everything you need except for a storage HD.

• Screen shot of remote web streaming view
    • Unpacking, adding 1TB harddrive, basic operation

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections