DX » Community » Reviews » YSL-29 Portable Pocket Mini Ceramic Sharpener - White + Black
  • 5 star 10 ( 83% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymgalicia on 07/01/2014

This device is very useful due to its compact size, it can easily be added to a survival kit, backpack, a drawer in the kitchen, or where it is required to have an effective and small size sharpener. Sharpening space should be somewhat wider to give possibility to sharpen knives or thick leaves a common kitchen knife. But generarl is the right size ... Read more

Very effective compact size perfect size
    0 0
  • posted byHIRVONEDX on 04/09/2014

It's cheap, it works really well and the quality seems good. Absolutely none. It's cheap but it works as it should. That's just awesome. It's very small, about the size of a cigarette lighter, so it can pretty much always travel with you. It feels very sturdy and seems to be glued very well together. And even if it were to break, it would be really ... Read more

Portable sharpener
    0 0
  • posted byAzgoca on 03/15/2014

Small enough to fit in your pocket. It also have a grip for thumb and index finger as you slide the knife in and out. Useful for emergency sharpening. The degree of sharpening is not that great. Only use this while outdoors for several days and always resharpen your knife with proper tool when you get back home. This is the type of tool that you use ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshinies on 12/07/2013

Small, seems well made and unlikely to come apart while in use. the finger guide *almost* lines up the tip of your thumb with the blade when sharpening. I feel safer sharpening with the blade held still and braced on a surface, and the sharpener being moved. Bought this for my portable knife needs, since its small. Would be grab to chuck in your tacklebox ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKierovNick on 11/08/2013

Cheap, cheap, cheap. And it's involved in cute story or two. One thing.. IT f..reaking works! It is small and doesn't really look like it's such a beast, but it fixed my knives after i blunted them with SKU:151175 (i reccomend reading on my comment there). If it'd be a bit bigger, it's be more comfortable to use (but less comfortable to carry) Not any ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrob7474 on 09/26/2013

This is a very cheap product, and very small size. I have not yet fully tested, but it seems to do its job properly. As I said just before, I have not yet fully tested, so I can not really say if effiface or not. But of course, for that price, do not expect a professional sharpener. The design is really well to be able to hold in one hand and in the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byviila on 09/20/2013

very cheap, easy to use, sharpens the knife very well. i can cut paper with a 1$ knife after sharpening it with this! i actually didnt expect a lot from this little guy, but after 2-3 minutes of sharpening my knife with it i found out this product is very good feels flimsy, but it really isnt. no cons! this is a must have at every home. take it with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMissPointless on 08/29/2013

Good for left-handed and right-handed users; Easy to use (you really just glide the blade in the slot; no need to use force or do it super quick.); It really saved my knife (not my life though... haha); I had a dull knife that was becoming dangerous to use (yes, dull knives are dangerous because you need to use force to cut, and you have less control)... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystefangrmp3 on 08/12/2013

Makes your knife VERY sharp. Beware, if you prefer to hand wash them later (I learn it, the hard way). Hard plastic base and very easy to use it. The white coating seems to wear off or change color, after I use it for a few times, although without problem to the usability of the sharpener. Maybe it suppose to do that. Very small sized object, so you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byweston246 on 07/31/2013

cheap, easy to use, cant mess it up, great for quick tune-ups in a pinch. you wont be able to find something els for this price that works this well. nothing, it works great for its price, there are no downfalls to this product. for an easy to use, lightweight, cheap knife sharpener this is the best you can hope for. absolutely no complaints. buy buy ... Read more

great little product
    0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections