DX » Community » Reviews » AC Power Charger Adapter for Iphone - Black + Grey (US Plug / 100~240V)
  • 5 star 2 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Actual output is 500mA

posted by desolder on 03/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

The folding plug design is nice. Once it's folded, it's a smooth cube with no sharp edges to catch on anything. You can have this in your pocket and not worry about getting stabbed like with the original iPhone charger.

The casing seems strong and of high quality.
    I like the black and grey color scheme.

Unlike some of the other recent chargers, this one doesn't make the touch screen go wacky, so at least the noise filtering is decent.

Cons:

The biggest con is that it doesn't deliver 1000mA. It only delivers 500mA. I measured 2.0V on both D- and D+ pins, which makes this a 500mA charger.

The USB port seems a little loose. I prefer a port with more friction, so the cable doesn't fall out easily.

OtherThoughts:

I wish it was all-black, but since the gray is on the bottom of the plug, it's less noticeable.

Bottomline:

Not a bad little 500mA charger. The folding plug is a nice touch not seen on many compact chargers.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections