DX » Community » Reviews » Carbon Steel Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (22cm Full-Length)
  • 5 star 25 ( 81% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 16% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Wave Functions!

posted by carbine15 on 12/27/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This is an almost perfect copy of an Emerson Commander complete with Emerson logo on the blade. It even came in an Emerson box. This copy could fool anyone not knowledgeable in the nuances of the Emerson. The sample I got was smooth opening and the wave functioned as it should. The Lock is smooth and positive. Several whacks couldn't dislodge the blade. Closing is just as smooth.

Cons:

The first thing I noticed was that the blade was not perfectly sharpened. It looked like it had been used to hack at rocks before it got to me. I used my stone and smoothed out the edge fairly easily in about a minute. Very soft steel. The clip is very well designed but I suspect it's made from thinner steel than the real thing as it's possible to bend / break it off if you tried.

OtherThoughts:

The blade is chisel ground (not V ground). The handle screws and clip screws are hex head not Philips head. The liner is magnetic so not made of Titanium. The Emerson logo does not include any patent information.

Bottomline:

A very nice entry level wave functioning knife you don't have to worry about losing or breaking. Be wary of the strength of the blade, clip and liner lock and keep your fingers clear of the sharp side. If it weren't for the Emerson claim it'd still be worth $10.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections