Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• great knive at a sweet price

posted by flynndoman on 07/16/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Fantastic copy of $175 Emerson Commander folding knife. Yes, we would all like to own one of these great knives, but honestly, with such an expesive knife in your pocket, would you be afraid of losing it? I have some premium Benchmades, Spydercos, and Bucks, and they are wonderful knives, but I am about half terrified to lose one them either in my volunteer firefighter/EMT job, or work around my place in the country. This knife fits the bill perfectly, a good quality build knife, all the features of a $150 knife, and not the worry about losing it all the time. Just buy 2 or 3 extras and keep them sharp. Knive came sharp, everything tight, and looking like a good quality build job.

Cons:

The steel/heat treating probably isnt up to the original Emerson, but some of my premium grade knives don't hold up that well either.

OtherThoughts:

Great knife at a very reasonable price. Even came in a Emerson logo box. I will be multiple copies of this, since I like the blade pattern, and the build/quality is comparable to a $50- $75 knife. Yes, it is not a true Emerson, but who cares?

Bottomline:

Great knife, great build quality,and a cheaper alternative to paying $150 for a Emerson Commander, and then too worried about losing it or breaking it while in use. I hope DX extreme will carry copies of the Surefire folding knifes next.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections