DX » Community » Reviews » F1658 Android 4.0 GSM Smartphone w/ 3.5" Capacitive Screen, Quad-Band, Wi-Fi and Dual-SIM - Orange
  • 5 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• F1658 Android Phone

posted by cfxavier on 03/24/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very usefull quad band Android touch phone, easy to configure, easy to play and generate media. Microphone is a bit low on calls (other side may hear your voice a bit low. Battery should last a bit longer: one day with average use, and two day with light use. Did not try heay use yet. Everithing else is fine!

Cons:

Microphone is low on calls, but it may be fixed if the buyer carfully drill a bigger hole with the a drill microphone hole in the botton of the cell. My cell was fixed with a "1mm" drill. I drilled manually, using my fingers to rotate the drill. Be carefull to not touch the microphone below the plastic cover! After such bigger hole, the michophone worked fine. When charging the battery, do not stop changing when the cell indicates that battery is full, wait for 2 hours and they will last longer. However, this cell phone is not different from most touch cell phones vendors that claims that the battery last longer than it actually do. Starting with battery fully charged, I played with this cell phone for 4 hous (240 min) with the display lit (maximum brigtness), with WiFi on, the battery almost gone! I guess that five hours is the limit for such intense use. Perhaps if the display is not lit it lasts longer. Gets a bit hot when phone is on for a long time!

OtherThoughts:

Good touch cell phone for those who are willing a usefull bargain! Original project would have made a bigger hole for the microphone at the bottom of the cell. It took me hours to realize that this was the problem.

Bottomline:

Good bargain for a touch cell phone.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections